| This is a specialized clinic that facilitates health promotion, prevention of ill health, control and treatment of existing conditions, for the whole family with keen concern in assisting the family members cope with the medical problem at hand. Follow-up medical care of patients is also carried out here.
The team of specialist health workers includes a physician, dietician, diabetes educators, counsellors and nurses, who provide appropriate quality care to the clients. The Family practice team support each other, improving accessibility and continuity within the clinic.
Services provided at the clinic include;
- Complete baseline health assessment.
- Medical tests/ investigations as appropriate.
- Prescription of treatments as appropriate.
- Individualized information on self care.
- Adolescent crisis management.
- Overweight and obesity management.
- Travel immunization clinic.
- Follow up care.
The Family Health Clinic also offers an HIV/AIDS Management Clinic. This Clinic offers confidential HIV/AIDS counselling and testing which is aimed at improving the quality of life of people living with the HIV virus.
Pre-testing and post-testing counselling is done.
- Management of the condition is provided in a supportive therapeutic environment.
- Anti-retroviral drug (ARV’s) treatment, and follow up care is done.
- Psychological support to the primary person, the partner and family is offered.
The clinic is run by a qualified team of consultants, a counsellor and dedicated nurses who are supported by other hospital based support services. The clinic is open during working days.
The Family Health clinic is held on the following days:
Monday 8am to 5pm
Wednesday 8am to 5pm
Friday 8am to 1pm